Holiday Cookie & Hot Chocolate Party with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze


It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I absolutely love the holiday season and I’ve been enjoying it to the fullest. From my amazing trip to the Christmas Markets in France to ice skating in Bryant Park and visiting the famous Rockefeller Tree. But my favorite part of the holiday season is spending time with the people I love most, so I decided to host a little cookie party with three of my girlfriends thanks to Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. I’ve been drinking Almond Breeze Almondmilk for years. It’s a delicious substitution for milk in coffee, tea, baking, and my favorite, hot chocolate.

Here’s the recipe I used to make delicious chocolate chip cookies using Almond Breeze:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • ¾ cup cane sugar
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk
  • 1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
  • 1/2  tsp pink Himalayan salt
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
  • 6 oz. extra dark chocolate chips

1.     Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.     Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together.
3.     Add Almond Breeze slowly, whisking together ingredients. Then add vanilla.
4.     Combine flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
5.     Add dry ingredients to the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla and stir to blend.
6.     Add in the chocolate chips.
7.     Bake for 10-12 minutes on baking sheet.

This recipe is egg-free so you can even eat the dough while you bake (I sure did!) The Almond Breeze Almondmilk adds that creamy texture to help bind the wet and dry ingredients. Almond Breeze is also a great source of calcium with 50% more calcium than skim milk, plus it’s perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or sensitive to dairy. You can easily swap Almond Breeze for milk 1 to 1 in any baking recipe! I also love use high quality semisweet and extra dark chocolate chips to add more yummy flavors to the mix. In addition to our fabulous chocolate chip cookies, we also made hot chocolate with cocoa mix and Almond Breeze Almondmilk by heating it in a small pot and whisking over the stove until small bubbles appear. It was the perfect get together with lots of laughs! All the cookies were eaten by the time everyone left (sorry, Santa!)

Special thanks to Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post!

Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment