A Weekend in Greenpoint with LensCrafters at Macy’s

A Weekend in Greenpoint with LensCrafters at Macy’s


I have worn glasses since I was about 8 years old. I remember as a kid I would always sit in the front row so I could see the board, and one day the teacher assigned us seats and I was placed in the back of the classroom. My grades started to slip and my parents took me to the LensCrafters near our house. I will never forget the moment I put on my first pair of glasses. I could see everything! Ever since then I actually look forward to my eye appointment every year (minus the puff of air) because I love picking out new glasses! When LensCrafters reached out to me about their new location opening inside Macy’s at Roosevelt Field, I was excited to get my eyes checked and choose some fun new frames. The eye appointment was quick and seamless, and then they let me loose among the gorgeous glasses. I tried on some amazing pairs—from Tiffany & Co. to Prada, and finally landed on two favorite pairs. One pair from Ray-Ban caught my eye because they were so unique with a double gold nose bridge and delicate gold arms. I also fell for a classic pair from Dolce & Gabbana with an understated tortoise finish. In the end they let me pick both (yay!) to show you guys the versatility of all the glasses available at LensCrafters at Macy’s. The Ray-Bans are a very fashion-girl frame that definitely stands out. The pair from Dolce & Gabbana are more of an everyday, classic look.

This Saturday 5/20 from 2-5pm the LensCrafters in Macy's at Roosevelt Field is having an awesome event! Stop by for drinks, music & gifts plus can pick up your own amazing pair of frames for 40% off, Saturday only!





In honor of the opening, I decided to take you on a little weekend adventure in Greenpoint to share my favorite spots and how I wear my new glasses! Let’s start at my favorite Café, Maman right off Franklin Ave. I’m wearing the Dolce & Gabbana glasses with my glasses skirt (couldn’t help it!) and a simple black top & black heeled sandals. I like to grab an iced chai latte & a croissant here and enjoy the adorable décor. For my second look with the stand-out Ray Bans, I kept the outfit simple and chic with a black off-the-shoulder bodysuit paired with navy silk culottes and light pink sandals. For an incredible view of the city, Transmitter Park is the perfect place. You get a great open shot of the skyline and the Manhattan Bridge. Then, leisurely stroll back to Greenpoint Ave for a slice of famous Paulie G’s pizza! 
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment