The Red Door Experience with Elizabeth Arden

When the weather starts to really change from fall to early winter, every year my skin has a hard time adjusting to chilly outdoor temperatures and radiator heating. It gets really dry and even uncomfortably tight. I was excited when Elizabeth Arden invited me to experience their Red Door Experience at Lord & Taylor. I came in on a particularly cold & rainy afternoon and was greeted by the lovely staff at the Arden counter. Claudette, from the Arden team was so sweet and walked me through each product and treatment. First she showed me the Activate Beauty tablets that can help guide busy shoppers to the right products for their skin. The technology takes a photo of your face to detect dark spots and wrinkles and a few questions determine skin texture and user preferences. At the end you'll see an entire regime selected just for you! After seeing my results on the tablet, we sat down to talk about my skin to determine which treatments would be most effective.

Next I received the Oxygen Beauty Blast treatment. I came into the store without face makeup (only mascara & liner) but the treatment can actually be done with or without makeup. An airbrush machine, that looks just like the kind that would apply foundation, sprays a very fine mist of oxygen enriched with an antioxidant serum over the face. I swear it’s the most refreshing pick-me up I’ve ever had! Plus it only takes a few minutes. After, my skin looked refreshed and even a bit more plumped! It just feels so good! It’s available for free at participating Elizabeth Arden counters (including the one Lord & Taylor on 5th Ave!).

After the Oxygen Blast treatment, Claudette treated me to the Ceramide Youth Restoring Face and Throat massage. It was so relaxing despite being in the middle of a department store! She talked me through each movement which helps keep the skin looking younger and explained how to use the same techniques while applying the products at home. I also got to indulge in the Eight Hour Pampered Hands Treatment. Claudette explained that Ms. Arden herself created the ‘Eight Hour Cream more than seventy years ago, in 1930. After the massage my hands actually looked (and certainly felt) noticeably more hydrated!

For the last treatment, Claudette matched my shade using their Color Match Foundation Service that uses a high-tech gadget to take a photo of your skin, finding the perfect shade across their entire foundation line. It’s a super fast way to get the right foundation just for you. After we found my shade, Claudette recommended the  PREVAGE® Anti-Aging Foundation Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 which has a luminous long-wear finish. Claudette applied the foundation so I left the counter with a glowing complexion.
As for what I took home for my personal skincare routine, I chose the Elizabeth Arden SUPERSTART Skin Renewal Booster, a lightweight serum that helps restore the healthy look of skin’s surface layer. After cleansing I apply two pumps of SUPERSTART which actually boosts the effectiveness of products applied after the serum. Next I picked up the PREVAGE® City Smart Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Hydrating Shield. I love that the formula is incredibly lightweight so I can be assured I’m wearing a high SPF every single day, which we all know is so important for keeping the skin safe and looking younger. Lastly I took home the PREVAGE® Anti-Aging Foundation for flawless yet natural looking coverage.
Special thanks to Elizabeth Arden for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions my own!
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment